- Me and savings are two different things.
- After moving to a house was overwhelming. (mortgage,bills and groceries)
- I am not good with numbers but I can try hard to learn!
- First thing was to pay close attention on our electricity bills.
- Most important thing was to learn about timing (Off-peak, Mid-peak and On-peak)
Time of Use (May 1-Oct 31) Rates and Time
According to Toronto Hydro
- On-Peak= when demand is highest (busiest Time of the day)
- Mid-peak=when demand is moderate
- Off-Peak=When demand of electricity is lowest
That graph made it so clear for me to learn when to use electricity and when not to.
- washer and dryer takes a lot of units so first thing was to control on that.
- Laundry just on weekends. (Off-peak)
- Dryer is the monster to eat a lot of electricity so what I did is bought a drying rack.
- I use dryer in emergencies, especially in winters.
- I do my laundry on Friday nights (Off-peak) and dry on racks.
- keep dryer lint trap clean, it will allow the moister to leave the dryer faster and dry your cloths in less time.
- Sometimes I check my dryer before the set time if the are dry I will turn off the dryer that’s save more.
- Dishwasher is no no thing for me I have brand new Dishwasher but never dare to use it because it use a lot of electricity.
- I do my dishes by hands.I Have 2 sinks I scrub all my dishes at once then I rinse them together. (If I am rinsing a plate then the waste water will rinse remaining dishes so that is how I can save on water too.
- I don’t have to use hot water to do dishes and hot water needs electricity.
- Best thing is I am sort of allergic to air conditioner-it gives me headaches and nausea.
- Well in summer we use exhaust fan in one window and open other windows, in few minutes it can make the house pretty cool and it is the best way for ventilation 😉
- If my family needs air conditioner they can turn it on but only if they feel hot or only when they are home.
- I have a regular big oven but you won’t believe me that I never used it (Never)
- I bought a small oven (best decision ever) It does not need a lot of time or energy to heat up.
- (I don’t have to put a lot of energy to clean as I used to do with big oven) My oven can stay new 😉
- I prepared my son’s lunch at night so I don’t have to use stove in Peak hours in the morning. (morning is for making breakfast)
- I cook at night in off-peak hours .( I cook at day time if need to but try not to)
- Means I prepared lets say chicken curry or okra at night for next day. At day time I will make roties or if I have to fry kabobs.
- I keep the lid on while cooking
- I use less water
- Sometimes my dishes need a lot of time to cook because I cook on low heat (food taste more) I am planing to get pressure cooker. (it saves time and energy)
- I turn of my stove 5 minutes before time because stove stay hot even after turning off for 5 minutes.
- I freeze meat in small portions so when I need to use it I don’t have to use microwave.
- Lets say if I have to freeze chicken I will put few pieces in a zip loc bag, when I will cook I can cook it directly without using microwave.
(We all know that microwave is not good for our health )
- Buy LED or CFL light bulbs they help you save more energy than incandescent lights.
- Turn off the lights if you are not in the room.
- In summer I move my curtains away to use maximum sun light. (till 9 pm)
- Turn off porch light, there is no need to leave it on all night.
- I use motion sensor in my closet, they turn off by itself.
- Air dry your hair ( Good for your pocket and very good for your hair- heat is bad for hair.
- After washing your hair, braid your hair for nice curls not the curling rod.
- shovel snow by hand because a snow blower uses a lot of energy
Cooking-microwave vs electric stove
In winters–In the morning move the curtain away from windows so natural heat can warm up your rooms. Before sun goes down close the curtain to trap the heat.
In Summer–don’t move away curtains to keep the house cool.
Unplug the things that you are not using
- extra lights
- coffee maker
- Do your best to save on electricity bills (do the right things on right time, that is all)
- don’t stress enjoy life.
How to avoid awkward situations in any conversation
According to my own experiences in life!
- Most of the time when I talk to someone I feel happy after wards but there are some times when I don’t feel so good. There are some times when we feel in caught of an awkward conversation and can’t gather ourself to make the conversation keep going interesting. Or we feel not so smart.
- This post is dedicated to one of my good friend @Abhishek Choubey. You should go on his blog to read some fun stuff at https://gingershouts.wordpress.com .
- Here are some important fact that I have learned over the time from different situations.
- We learn a lot from others ..we learn from good individuals and we learn more form not so good individuals (not to do same BS’ they are doing)
In my point of view
- The more social you are the more better you are in conversations
- At first listen to the other party patiently don’t jump in to show you are also smart
- I realize when ever you feel some one is pulling your leg more often for no reason, “stay away” you don’t need to prove them that you are smart
- I feel if you don’t feel equal respect in a group chat or with someone individually then that is not a right place for us to sit.
- some times saying yes or no makes a big difference
- Don’t feel under pressure to win the conversation, chances are you will not respond wisely
- Do not feel bad about your self not to answer smartly .. You have to respect and value your self first to give respect to others
- Stay natural
- When you will listen more than you will completely understand others points, than you will have enough time to digest and answer wisely.
Most of all
10. more listening and less talking makes you look smart any ways
- Some times we feel this, that we are not good enough to reply back when we don’t feel confident enough on our self in easy words (inferiority complex)
- I would say sit down alone in your room and right down
- 10 good things about youeself
- write down what are you doing right now (studying what,what kind of job)
- Tell yourself you have a bright future a head. When you see yourself confident then you will be able to act best.
- If we youtube old actors first interviews (my favourite is ) Shanrukh khan’s interview. He was any other guy like you like me but over the time his hard work and socialization made him very smart person. I learn a lot from these types of examples.
If you are not agree leave the comment.. May be there are many things that I have to learn to get better.
I crave for it everyday 😆
I drink it every day 😉
- Green tea loaded with antioxidants
- Good for brain
- Good for digestion
- Good for fat burning ;);)😅😅
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Good for ❤
- Lower blood sugar
- Anti bacterial & anti fungi
- Anti depressant
- Cold & flu
- Dietary fiber
- Cholesterol absorption
- Good for Anemia problems
- Anti inflammatory
- Good for skin
- Good for digestion
- Reduce cough and throat irritation
- Blood sugar regulation
- Good for digestion
- Good for stomachache
- Good for Asthma
- Good for kidney stone
- For weight loss;)😆
- Good for stomach gas
- Good for acidity
- Rich source of vitamin C
- Good for colon healt
- Alkalize=Good for maintaining PH levels
- Flush out toxins
- Anti-inflammatory / joint healing
- Better digestion
- Increased liver function
- Liver cleansing
- Aid your metabolism
- Reduce depression & anxiety
- Reduce gout pain
Ginger (not added)
- Good for digestion
- Nausea or morning sickness
- Loss of appetite
- Pain relief
- Lower blood sugar
- Good for digestion
- Fight infection
- Green tea
- Soonf/fennel seed
- Cinnamon stick
I also love ginger but right now I am out of it 😯
Drink it you will love it!
- We did it 😉
- These are heavenly yummy cookies
- Basem (gram flour)
- Soji (samolina)
- All purpose flour(maida)
Baked them on 250 for 20 minutes
- We can not sleep with light on at night🌞
- Or If I wake-up at night .. I see nothing😎😨:|💀👾👽👺👹👻👻
- It’s hard to turn on the lamp in dark
- I brought out one of motion sensor light from my husband’s walk-in closet;)🙆🙈🙊
- One of the best thing for dark
- Can not tell you how much happy I am
- I don’t have to keep the light on at night .. it will detact motion and turn on .. (saving on energy bills)
Oh yeah I have a doll on my side table coz I love dolls so much.
- Filling up the soap dispenser
- Back splash
- Furniture Polishing
- Floor Polishing
- Plant watering
- Laundry & Drying
- Bedroom cleaning
- Toys going back to their place
- Washroom Cleaning
- Ahhhh My Green Tea
Filling Up The Soap Dispenser
Backsplash Splash Cleaning
Laundry & Drying
Jibraan is helping me with laundry
Toys Are Going Back To Their Place
Ahhhhh at the end my warm cup of green tea
- We normally put ourselves down just to have the feeling of what other will think of us.
- I just learn in few years from not so good experiences that we have to be very honest to ourselves not to let others interfere our believes,habits, liking or disliking ( what I wear,eat,drink, the way I look or talk, what I celebrate or not Its not others problem.
(It is completly my choice)
- No mater we are right or wrong in others eyes, we should go with our instincts.
It doesn’t mean we are crossing our limits.. It means we are taking decisions and control in situtions according to our up bringing and believes.
*If you think you should not celebrate Halloween-I respect that I won’t bother you or make you think of doing it, If I want to do it you should also respect that and let me enjoy.*
- I stop going to those who brings out evil side of me hehehehehe..
- We can not change others but we can surly develop many good habits in our personalities.
- I stop worrying about others, I just focus on myself how I can be a better person.
It doesnt mean I am rude or mean to others not at all-Now I am more humble and more sensible woman ( I guess 😉 )
- I respect others and value them, I listen to them with respect, I appreciate their time, I value their hard work in life.
I enjoy more than ever with my friends and family because that’s how I let them deal with a genuine person (me) and I enjoy and respect their originality. 😉
Respect Others but don’t degrade your own self
Stay happy and let other live their life on their own believes.